Meter Updates - Desktop Application
In many cases, your PM Schedule will be governed by a combination of date and meter tracking. The question often arises: How do I keep my equipment meters up-to-date in the program?
There are several ways to enter meter updates in the Desktop Applications, Fleet Maintenance Pro and Maintenance Pro.
- Edit the equipment information
- Double click any unit of equipment. The primary and/or secondary meter fields will only be displayed if meter tracking is enabled for this unit's PM Schedule. To enable meter tracking, see the article at: Modify Schedule: Track Mileage, Hours, KM
- Make sure that the "Base" meter units are set to 0, or the meter value at which the equipment came into your possession
- This method is appropriate for updating individual assets, but it is not the most efficient method to update meters for the entire equipment list at once - keep reading!
- Meter button
- Click the Meter button on the main toolbar
- A data grid displays, allowing you to type in the new meter values for multiple assets in your equipment list
- Use the optional Odometer Import Utility add-on module
- Enter a fuel transaction
- Click the "Fuel" button on the Equipment Manager toolbar to enter a single fuel transaction
- When you enter a fuel transaction and the "Fill Meter" for the transaction is greater than the current meter in the equipment information, the asset's current meter will be updated accordingly
- Use the optional Fuel Import Utility add-on module
- Save manual data entry time and effort, and avoid typos and mistakes, by importing a .CSV file containing meter updates for the entire equipment list
- Fuel transaction import is demonstrated in this short video: Video: Fuel Tracking & Reporting
- Contact email@example.com for pricing and order information!
- Issue and close a work order (Shop/Professional Editions), or record maintenance (Standard/Deluxe Editions)
- Click the Issue Work Order or Record Maintenance button on the Equipment Manager toolbar
- When you save a maintenance entry or CLOSE a work order and the primary and/or secondary meter values are greater than the current meter in the equipment information, the asset's current meter will be updated accordingly
- Record an Inspection
- Click the Inspection button on the Equipment Manager
- When you save an Inspection and the meter value (primary only) is greater than the current meter in the equipment information, the asset's current meter will be updated accordingly