ElevateDB Error #1100 - Unable To Open The Database Session
In the event that you receive the ElevateDB Error #1100, please follow these steps:
1. Check the IP Address or Host listed in your error message and confirm that it is correct.
- view your IP Address by going to the server and opening a command prompt (Start | All Programs | Accessories) and typing 'ipconfig'
NOTE: If you are using the IP setting, make sure that the server has a local static IP address that does not change.
- view your server hostname by going to the server and opening a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories) and typing 'hostname'
2. Create inbound and outbound rules to open ports 12010 and 12011 in the Windows Firewall of both the server and the client machines.
- open ports both incoming and outgoing
- check both the server and the client
3. Make sure that the Windows service ElevateDB Server is running on the machine hosting the database.
- view your Services list by typing services.msc at the start menu or (or start screen in Windows 8.
As an additional test, you can try to use Telnet to communicate with our database service over port 12010. This will tell you if our database service is responding to commands and if the ports are opened. Use the following command:
If successful, you will get an empty black screen, which you can close out. We want this screen here:
If unsuccessful, you will get an error as shown below. Double check your firewall settings and try again: