Add New Client to Existing Network
For your convenience, licensing for the desktop application is handled per concurrent user so you can install the client on as many workstations as you wish, you are just limited to the licensed number of users opening the program at the same time.
Note that all clients must be on the same Local Area Network as the server. If you wish to provide access to users at remote locations, install on a TERMINAL SERVER so that these users can connect via Remote Desktop Connection.
Always download the most current version of the network installer in order to add new clients, and update any existing clients before you get started. All clients on the network should be on the same build.
1. Create a backup of your database as a precaution. Close all but one client and go to File > Backup Data Files.
2. Check the existing database connection option from one of your current clients. Go to File > Options > Network tab. If Remote Host or IP Address is entered, make a note of this. If Network Path is set to a local drive on this computer, then verify this client's hostname and use this hostname in the new client (step 7 below).
3. Update all existing clients to the current build. Close all clients, then download and run the build update specific to your version found on this page. It is not necessary to update the "Server Only" installation, but ALL clients must be updated.
4. On the workstation where the new client will be installed, create firewall rules allowing communication over ports 12010 and 12011, both inbound and outbound. This is shown for the Windows firewall here:
5. Download the current network installer for your version of the software. You should have a download link provided to you via email upon purchase of the product. If you need a new download link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your company name and we will provide a link for you to download and install the product.
6. Run the installer, choosing the Client Only installation option
7. At the Client Configuration - Database Connection option screen, choose the option which corresponds to the network connection information you found on the existing client in Step 2.
Complete the steps to the last Finish button, and that's it! The client will open and view the database stored on the server.