Move Single User Version
- Generate a database backup on the OLD computer by going to File > Backup Data Files. This creates a single .ZIP file which you can save to your desktop, then transfer to external media such as a flash drive. Close the application on the OLD computer.
- Copy the backup .ZIP to the NEW computer.
- Prepare the new computer for installation:
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus software
- Create Windows firewall rules as shown HERE
- Install the software on the new computer. Always use the most current build of your purchased version of the software, which is available for download from our website.
- Register the software with your user name and serial number. Note that you may need to right-click the program icon and choose "Run As Administrator" in order to have the necessary permissions to update your Windows registry.
- The program opens to the SAMPLE database. Go to File > Restore data files and browse to the backup file you created in Step 1 and moved to the new computer in Step 2.
- Once you have verified that you can access the most current data, you may uninstall the software from the old computer.