ElevateDB Error #1100
A connection to the server at " IP Address" or "hostname" cannot be established ...
In the event that you receive ElevateDB Error #1100, please follow these steps:
1. Check the IP Address or hostname listed in your error message and confirm that it is correct
- view your IP Address by going to the server and opening a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories) and typing 'ipconfig'
- since IP Address may change under certain circumstances, you may wish to configure instead by the hostname of your server, which remains static
- view your server hostname by going to the server and opening a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories) and typing 'hostname'
2. Create inbound and outbound rules to open Ports 12010 and 12011 in the Windows Firewall of both the server and the client machines.
- open ports both incoming and outgoing
- check both the server and the client
- If you don't know how to create a rule in the Windows firewall, please check out this resource: Open a port in Windows Firewall
3. Make sure that the process EDBSRVR.EXE is running on the machine hosting the database.
- also shown as ElevateDB Database Service in the Services list
- view your Services list by typing services.msc at the start menu or (or start screen in Windows 8)